- Tuning Hammer is 100% Made in the USA
- High Quality professional level tuning hammer
- Quality star tip
- 8" Nylon Handle with a chrome plated shaft for a total length of 12" not including the head and tip
- Comes with your choice of an exchangeable one piece head and tip or a two piece head and tip ($10 additional for two piece head & tip)
- Standard One piece head and tip is 2-1/2" long and a #2 tip
- Two piece head and tip includes a 1-1/4" long head and a 1" long #2 tip (Choose head & tip option)
Kit Also Includes:
- Temperament strip - 50" long and is tapered from 3/4" down to 1/2" wide
- 2 - 3" x 3/8" rubber mutes with handles
- 2 - 2-9/16" x 1/4" rubber mutes
- Wittner A-440 Tuning Fork
- Sturdy and functional tuning tool bag with a zipper closure which will hold all of these tools and still have room for a few additional tools
This tuning hammer being made in the USA is made with high quality parts and quality craftsmanship that is hard to match. The manufacturer has been making piano tuning hammers and piano tools since 1938 and takes great pride in manufacturing only the best tools that are available.
The #2 star tip that is included with this hammer is designed to fit tuning pins with square heads. It will fit tuning pins on virtually all pianos except those with extremely small tuning pins. (Which is very rare)
You can purchase these tools with confidence that they will perform to the highest of standards for many years.
Howard Piano Industries has created a video series showing the basics of how to tune a piano. Here is a link to the videos on our website: How to Tune a Piano
If you'd like this video series on DVD added to your tuning kit choose the option above for an additional $10.
If you're looking for some basic instruction on how to tune your own piano, a website that has good information can be found here: Tune a Piano Yourself Tuning Tutorial