About this item:
- PROFESSIONAL TUNING HAMMER: It has the threaded end on it so that you can remove the head and change to a different head and tip combination. Designed with a star-shaped head, which allows for universal use across piano tuning pins.
- HEAD ANGLES AND TIPS: The extent to which the handle extends out from the tuning pins is determined by the angle of the head. Five, ten, and fifteen degree head angles are available. The tuning hammer will be closest to the tuning pins when the head angle is 5 degrees, while the 15 degree angle will extend the handle further away. The #2 star tip that is included with this hammer is designed to fit tuning pins with square heads. It will fit tuning pins on virtually all pianos except those with extremely small tuning pins. (Which is very rare).The #1 size tip is a little smaller and is intended for extremely small tuning pins.
- TUNING HAMMER DURABLE DESIGN: 6" Hardwood Handle with a chrome plated shaft for a total length of 11" not including the head and tip
- HEAD AND TIP OPTION: Standard One piece head and tip is 2-1/2" long with a #2 size tip. The Two piece head and tip includes a 1-1/4" head and a 1" long #2 tip (Choose head & tip option)
- EXCHANGEABLE HEAD AND TIP: Comes with your choice of an exchangeable one piece head and tip or a two piece head and tip ($10 additional for two piece head & tip)
This tool being made in the USA is made with high quality parts and quality craftsmanship that is hard to match. The manufacturer has been making piano tuning hammers and piano tools since 1938 and takes great pride in manufacturing only the best tools that are available.
You can purchase this tool with confidence that it will perform to the highest of standards for many years.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
If you're looking for some basic instruction on how to tune your own piano, a website that has good information can be found here: Tune a Piano Yourself Tuning Tutorial.
- Product Type: Tuning Hammer
- Tip Shape: Star Shaped (#2 and #1)
- Head Angle: 5, 10 and 15 degree
- Handle Length: 6"
- Hammer Total Length: 11"
- Handle Material: Wood Handle
- Shaft Material: Chrome Plated Shaft
- Manufacturer:100% Made in the USA