Custom Piano Bass Strings - Partial Set 8 to 20 Consecutive Double Wound Strings
About this item:
- CUSTOM PIANO BASS STRING: When a bass string on a piano breaks the string needs to be replaced with one of the same dimensions as the old string. So what you need to do is take measurement of the broken string in order to get a custom bass string replacement. These dimensions vary from one piano to another so there aren't standard-size strings. Measurements must be taken to ensure the right size string replacement.
- LENGTH FROM HITCH PIN TO START OF WINDING: The first measurement you'll take is the distance between the hitch pin loop and the start of the winding. The hitch pin loop is the end that goes on the hitch pin, which is the pin at the farthest end away from the tuning pin. To take measurement so that you can get the proper string made for your piano, use any kind of paper just rolled out this length of paper towel on the flat surface and use marking pen to mark the measurement and measuring tape.
- LENGTH OF WINDING: Measure the length of the winding from where the winding starts all the way to the other end where the winding ends and where the core comes back out is showing at the other end of the wire.
- DIAMETER OF CORE WIRE: To measure the diameter of the core wire, you'll need to have a micrometer, which is available in our store and if you have one, a caliper, but either way, you'll need an instrument that measures to the nearest one-thousandths of an inch, so point zero one inch increments. Place the wire between the barrels and close it. Before tightening the wire, make sure it's straight. It can alter the measurement if there is a slight curve to it.
- DIAMETER OF WINDING: To measure the winding, put the wound part of the string between the barrels and close it. Before tightening the wire, make sure it's straight. It can alter the measurement if there is a slight curve to it.
This Custom Piano Bass String is a partial set of 8 to 20 consecutive double wound strings. No. 2043 Per String. Custom piano bass string to replace broken strings. These are custom made to order by the string manufacturer and take one to two weeks to have made and shipped out. Measurements needed are: Length from the hitch pin loop to the start of the winding, Length of the winding, Diameter of the core wire and the Diameter of the winding.
- Product Type: Bass String
- Partial Set: 8 to 20 (Consecutive Double Wound Strings)
- String #. No. 2043 Per String
- Brand: Schaff Piano
- Manufacturer: USA Made