About this item:
- ACRYLIC GRANULES HARDENER PELLETS: At times a piano's hammers may need treatment to increase the tone created by the hammer. This is especially true in the high treble end of the piano. Using a solution of acrylic granules and acetone is one way of achieving this.
- STANDARD STRENGTH SOLUTION: To make a standard strength 8 oz. bottle of hammer hardener solution just add 2 teaspoons of the pellets to 8 oz. of acetone. For a normal solution mix 1 teaspoon Hammer Hardener Pellets with 4 oz. acetone in a 4 oz. application bottle.
- FORMULA APPLICATION PROCESS: Put the cap on the bottle and allow several hours for the pellets to dissolve. Shake well several times during the dissolving process. Please observe all warnings from the acetone manufacturer.
- INCREASED HAMMER TONE: To increase the tone of the hammer apply the solution to the hammer shoulders or strike point. Allow the solution to dry. If the hammers become over-hardened, they may be needled until the desired tone is achieved.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE: Please contact us as early as possible if you have any questions regarding the product or services; we will do our best to resolve any issues and ensure that you have a good shopping experience.
Solutions for both hardening and softening also exist. A hardener coats the hammer and creates more brilliance in tone. To maintain the condition of piano hammers, piano craftsmen make adjustments using various tools and chemicals while listening to the resulting change in the sound after each alteration. Using a solution of acrylic granules and acetone is one way of achieving this.
- Product Type: Hammer Hardener Pellets
- Weight: 8 oz. Bag
- Material: Acrylic Granules