About this item:
- BACKRAIL CLOTH SOFTEN SOUND FUNCTION: One of the purposes of this cloth is to soften the sound, so that when the keys go back and forth between front and back, it generates a quieter sound that you don't hear.
- BEST GLUING PROCESS: Glue under the front edge of the felt but not under the back edge for the best results (where the key comes down on the felt). This produces a softer sound and allows you to shim under the felt as needed.
- KEY CLOTH THICKNESS MEASUREMENT: The thickness is another factor to consider. So, it's usually compressed due to age, especially if it's very old and has been used a lot. So, try to measure the thickness of the cloth on a part of it that hasn't had the keys sitting in it for many years, as this will generally show the original thickness of the cloth.
- THICKNESS VARIATION: This back rail cloth is available in 5 different thicknesses for you to choose from:
* .235" Thick
* .215" Thick
* .185" Thick
* .165" Thick
* .145" Thick
- HIGH QUALITY FELT: Made from finest quality felt/cloth.
On a piano, there are three different felt things that can be replaced. The first cloth is this one that goes all the way back; it's called the back rail cloth or key cloth, and it's made of felt. Replace worn felt beneath the backs of the keys.
- Product Type: Backrail Cloth/ Key Cloth
- Size: 1-1/2" Wide x 52" Long Strips
- Material: Finest Quality Cloth
- Color: Dark Green Cloth
- Manufacturer: USA Made