Schaff Piano Supply
Piano Backrail or Key Cloth
- Calculated at Checkout
About this item:
- BACKRAIL CLOTH FUNCTION: When the front of the key goes up and the back of the key goes down, this cloth is designed to quiet the sound of the key returning.
- GLUING PROCESS: Glue under the front edge of the cloth but not under the back edge (where the key comes down on the felt) for the best results. This produces a softer sound and allows you to shim under the felt as needed.
- KEY CLOTH THICKNESS MEASUREMENT: The thickness of the backrail cloth is usually compressed due to age, especially if it is very old and has been used a lot. Try to measure the thickness of the cloth on a part that is not as worn. This will generally show the original thickness of the cloth.
- AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT THICKNESSES: This backrail cloth is available in 5 different thicknesses for you to choose from:
* .235" Thick
* .215" Thick
* .185" Thick
* .165" Thick
* .145" Thick
- HIGH QUALITY FELT: Made from finest quality cloth.
On a piano keybed, there are three different felts that can be replaced. This cloth goes underneath the back of the keys. Replace worn felt beneath the backs of the keys.
- Product Type: Backrail Cloth/Key Cloth
- Size: 1-1/2" Wide x 52" Long Strips
- Material: Finest Quality Cloth
- Color: Dark Green Cloth
- Manufacturer: USA Made