About this item:
- PROFESSIONAL OUTSIDE MICROMETER: This measuring tool is an “Outside” type micrometer with a Vernier scale in inch units for taking precise outside diameter (OD) measurements, and a ratchet-stop mechanism for uniform pressure during adjustment.
- HIGH ACCURACY MEASUREMENT: Designed for precise readings with accuracy up to .001". Includes hex wrench allowing for simple zero adjustments. Ranges from 0" to 1".
- WIDE RANGE APPLICATIONS: It is the most commonly used type of micrometer with precision measurement in general used for measuring the thickness or outside diameter of small parts. Best tool for measuring Piano Wire, Piano Center Pins and other piano parts.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Satin chrome finish on thimble for protection and sleeve helps resist rust and reduce glare. Ground and polished carbide measuring faces. Constructed with only superior materials to ensure precision and durability.
- EASY TO USE: A practical and economical measuring device for beginners and hobbyists. A barrel with easy-to-read black contrasting graduations. Engraved graduations shown on the Barrel and provides a spindle lock for repetitive measurement.
- ESSENTIAL TIP: A micrometer's measuring faces must be both flat and parallel to ensure an accurate measurement. To reduce wear caused by repeated use, micrometer measuring faces (anvil and spindle) are typically faced with carbide.
The General Tools 102 Micrometer is a precision measuring tool capable of measuring distances down to the thousandth of an inch. The measurement is usually expressed or written as a decimal. The most common micrometers have a one-inch movement between the spindle and the anvil. This is known as the "range." Best tool for measuring Piano Wire, Piano Center Pins and other piano parts.
- Product Type : Outside Micrometer Type
- Accuracy : +/-0.001 in
- Includes : Zero-Calibration Wrench
- Measuring Range : 0 to 1 inch
- Weight : 0.3 lbs.
- Model No. : No.102
- Brand : General Tools