About this item:
- PIANO HAMMER SHANK FEATURES: Hammer shank is a wooden dowel bearing a hammer in a piano action. There are some instances where the hammer might be broken or the hammer shake might be broken where you’d actually have to replace the shank. If we’ve got an instance where the shank broke in the middle and you’ve got enough surface area to be able to glue you can actually make a repair on the shank though there’s couple different ways to do this you can use what’s called a hammer shank repair sleeve.
- DURABLE MATERIAL USED: It is a seamless metal tube with a split that can be drawn tight against the hammer shank. Most metals are malleable and ductile and are, in general, denser than the other elemental substances.
- LIGHT WEIGHT METAL: It doesn’t add much weight on the hammer shank. These are pretty light so the amount of weight that it adds is minimal so it may not be crucial in for adding too much weight. This is a quick and permanent way to repair the broken hammer shanks on your piano.
- REPAIR SLEEVES QUICK FIX: Use some clamp or thread to clamp the shank once it’s been glued just wrap some thread around it and once the glue dried you can take the thread off or you can leave it on too. You can use any kind of heavy-duty wood glue like liquid hide wood glue which works real good that would probably work the best. So put a little bit of glue on the surface area just to dab just enough to get it in all the areas that there’s many surface areas as you can. Now use the hammer shank repair sleeve, slip it on the longest end that you have available. So, once you have the glue on, you’re going to put the pieces together and line them up just like they were when they were broken so that you have all the alignment and everything in place. Once you’ve got it in place, double check the alignment, square it up to make it sure that it’s in line. Once you’ve done that you can slip the hammer shank sleeve up over the broken joint. Now this sleeve is slotted so that it’s got a slit on it so that you can pull it apart or squeeze it further together over the broken portion of the shank. And that clamps it together then let the glue dry and you’ve got well-repaired hammer shank there.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE: We provide you with high-quality after-sales service. If you have any other questions, please contact us and we will give you an ideal solution within 24 hours.
Metal piano hammer shank repair sleeves is a quick and permanent way to repair the broken hammer shanks on your piano. It is a seamless metal tube with a split that can be drawn tight against the hammer shank.
- Product Type: Hammer Shank Repair Sleeves
- No. of Set: Set of 12
- Material: Metal Tube (Lightweight)