Hands Off Piano Fallboard Lock
- Calculated at Checkout
Schaff Piano Supply
Schaff Piano Supply
Howard Piano Industries
About this item:
- SECURE PIANO FALL BOARD: The original locking mechanism on the piano may no longer work or the key may have been misplaced, and many of these early locks were not designed with enough strength to prevent someone from quickly forcing open the fall board. However, your piano will be protected with this hands-off lock, which is made of a virtually durable material that will not bend or flex.
- PIANO FALLBOARD LOCK PARTS: It has two parts: a shoe that fits beneath the piano and locks and clamps, which come together very fast when the key is turned to lock the shoe into place. It includes an inside felt lining to protect the piano's finish.
- FALLBOARD LOCK PACKAGE INCLUSIONS: It includes a built-in Master lock as well as two keys. The 6-1/4" clamp opening fits practically all acoustic pianos, and two pre-drilled shims enable for height adjustment for smaller fallboards.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Piano fallboard lock with self-contained locking device that is patented. Made of high-density, high-performance plastic, it's virtually unbreakable. Sturdily constructed and absolutely unbreakable.
- EASY TO INSTALL MECHANISM: The shoe is easily mounted at the bottom of the piano with four screws which are flush mounted to the bottom so they don’t interfere with the locking mechanism and this will fit underneath the piano. Most pianos have a uniform depth width. There are fall boards but some pianos including some uprights and spinet have a shorter depth so shims are included in order to compensate for that and they are attached on the other side of the shoe. The shoe is now screwed into place and it virtually fades away it becomes really not noticeable whatsoever. Installing the lock is so simple just insert into the shoe push and lock. Remove the key and it’s impossible to open the fall board.
The hands-free follower block is a patented design. Some panels require the fall board lock to limit access to the keyboard for a variety of reasons. This could happen in locations like entertainment venues, hotels, and churches.
Hands Off Locks can be specially ordered with matching locks (keyed alike) at no extra charge - particularly convenient for universities or churches with multiple pianos.
Manufactured in the USA by Pianotek Supply Company. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Product Type: Piano Fallboard Lock
- Color: Black
- Material: High-performance Plastic
- Clamp Opening Size: 6-1/4"
- Manufacturer: Pianotek Supply Company
Your ‘’HANDS OFF * Reserved For Performance’’ kit includes the lock and shoe, keys, spacers, double-stick tape and screws.
This lock was designed to fit pianos with dimensions of 6’’ or less from top of fall-board to bottom of key bed. A little extra space can be obtained by mortising the shoe into the underside of the key bed.
- Decide if you need to use spacers. It is best that the top of the locking device is very close to the top of the fallboard.
- Mount unit under the key bed at bass end of piano. Be sure to allow for removal of the cheek block and/or key slip screw.
- Hold lock in position to make sure it will engage properly. Apply tape to shoe or spacer. Install the 4 screws to fasten shoe/spacer to key bed.
The hardened screws which we include will not need a pilot hole, unless the key bed is made of very hard wood.