About this item:
- MUTE PIANO TREBLE SECTION: The Papp's Mute has a spring-loaded tweezer mechanism that makes muting the treble portion easier. It saves a lot of time while tuning an upright's treble section.
- PROPER PIANO STRINGS MUTING: If you want to have your center string muted along with one other string, you can close the mute and place it between the left and center strings or the right and center strings. Because of the spring feature, you can also mute just the right and left strings, leaving the center unmuted.
- BEST MUTING ANGLE: Insert the mute at an angle between the two hammers close to the one being played for best results, ensuring that the mute does not interfere with the hammer striking the strings.
According to Fletcher and Newman Ltd, Papp's tuning wedge is "the world's fastest muting wedge." This tweezer-style mute was designed in 1886 by Papp (of Papp and Son, piano builders in Portsmouth, UK). It's utilized on uprights to prevent any two strings of a trichord from sounding by applying outward pressure from the spring action. When it comes to muting strings when tuning, this tool is quite useful.
- Product Type: Treble mute
- Material: Made of nylon
- Size: 8 inches (overall length)
- Inclusion: Case included
- Tool Design: Tweezer design