About this item:
- DOWN BEARING PRESSURE: The pressure applied downward by the piano strings across the soundboard bridge is known as down bearing. This pressure enables the bridge to transfer energy from the vibrating strings to the soundboard efficiently.
- PLACING PRONG FOR BEARING SITUATION: Place the gauge's center prong on the string between the bridge pins. Observe how much "rock" develops when the end prongs are aligned over the same string. A negative bearing problem exists if the gauge cannot be "rocked" on either side of the bridge and must be adjusted.
- DOWN BEARING CORRECTION: The Bridge must be higher than the two termination points and placed at the right height for the down bearing to be correct. Excess bearing will kill the soundboard's amplification power, just as too little bearing would result in a weak tone.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL/MEASUREMENT: Gauge is solid brass and measures 1-1/2" wide x 3-3/4" long.
- PIANO TECHNICIANS RECOMMENDED: The number one tool recommended by professional piano technicians for piano restringing work.
This piano downbearing check gauge is a useful tool for restringing technicians because it provides a quick, accurate, and visual demonstration of bridge bearing to customers.
- Product Type:
- Material: Solid Brass
- Measurement: 1-1/2" Wide x 3-3/4" Long
- Manufacturer: USA Made