About this item:
- OPEN PERFECT "V" JOINT SPACE: The shimming chisel piano tool is used to create a flawless "V" joint area of the right depth, as well as to trim and scrape the hardwood shim once it has been glued.
- “V" SHIMS SHIMMING STYLE: "V" shims and "parallel" shims are the two types of shims available. "V" shims have a pie-shaped cross-section and are widely available at piano supply stores. They are bonded in place with a "shimming chisel" that is dragged through the cracks and forms a similar v-shaped groove.
- TRIM EXCESS SPRUCE SHIM: The tool's groove is shaped like a "V." After that, a spruce shim with the same shape will be inserted into this groove. The spruce shim is tapped into the "V" groove and allowed to cure with the help of proper adhesive. The tool's chisel end is then used to reduce the spruce shim's excess down to the sound board's level.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: This shimming chisel is made of high-quality steel and has a comfortable vinyl handle. The grip improves comfort and slip resistance.
One of the most important sections of your piano is the soundboard. The soundboard amplifies and radiates a big volume of sound into the air while you play.
Inserting a shim of wood into the broken board is one approach for fixing soundboard cracks. This Piano Soundboard Shimming Chisel is a great tool for creating a perfect gap for a soundboard shim.
- Product Type: Soundboard Shimming Chisel
- Blade Size: 1 inch wide
- Chisel Length: 9.5 inches long
- Material: Steel with vinyl grip
- Manufacturer: USA Made