About this item:
- TUNING LEVER/HAMMER HEAD AND TIP: The tuning lever is made up of two parts: a head and a tip. The handle on the tuning lever indicates that you have a shank. The head is located at the very top of the lever. The head is attached to the handle by a screw. The tops of the handles include threads on which the heads can be screwed to square them up. It features threads on the inside that screw on to the handle's end and tighten it. The tip, which might be a two-piece head and tip or a one-piece head and tip, is the final step.
- TWO-PIECE HEAD AND TIP: When the tip separates into two pieces. A two-piece head and tip is what it's called. The tip can be screwed on to the end of the head because it has threads on the end. You'll always need a tip wrench to loosen and tighten the tip onto the head if you acquire the two-piece head and tip. Because if you don't have a wrench, it's possible that you won't be able to tighten it enough for the tip to stay tightened onto the head when tuning a piano.
- TIP WRENCH SPECIAL USAGE: Tuning Levers' tips can be tightened or removed with this tool. A hammer may be delivered with a loose tip on occasion. This tool will help you in tightening the tip of the hammer so that it may be used.
- STAR TIPS SIZE FITTINGS: The tip comes in different sizes. This tuning lever tip wrench will fit any size star tip from #1 - #4.
* #1 tip - which has a little bit of a smaller opening, and that’s for tuning pins that are a little bit smaller.
* #2 tip - it’s got two rings around it. The number 2 tip is the most common tip. It’s going to fit tuning pins of almost all pianos.
* #3 tip - has a little bit larger opening which fits larger tuning pins.
* #4 tip
- TIGHTEN AND LOOSEN TIP INSTRUCTIONS: You loosen the tuning pin by inserting the wrench in such a way that when it straightens out, the tip spins counterclockwise. To install it, insert the wrench so that when it straightens out, it will tighten it up by turning it clockwise.
This piano tuning lever tip is important for removing and tightening tuning hammer/lever tips. The hammer will not work if the tip is loose. It can't even loosen the pin. Overall length is 6-1/2" long. This will fit size star tip #1, #2, #3 & #4. Made of hardened tool steel that will last a lifetime. The #1 choice for Piano Technicians.
- Product Type: Tuning Hammer/ Lever Tip Wrench
- Overall Length: 6-1/2" long
- Material: Hardened Steel
- Size Star Tip Fittings: #1, #2, #3 & #4
- Manufacturer: USA Made