About this item:
- DAMPER GUIDE RAIL BUSHING EASER: For loosening the damper guide rail bushings on grand pianos. The position of each damper is determined by the position of the damper guide rail, which is mounted on the front edge of the soundboard in grands, beneath the strings. The guide rail's bushed holes allow the damper wires to pass through.
- TAPERED AT ONE END: This tool is 8" long and tapered on one end so that it can easily go into the damper guide rail without damaging the felt. It is designed to be used with a drill and is done so that you can leave the damper guide rail in the piano if you happen to have it out.
- EASY TO USE TOOL: Insert the tool through the out dampers and turn it up and down a little bit. It heats up the bushing and irons the felt, making it looser.
- GUIDE RAIL BUSHING ADJUSTMENT: Put the damper back in, adjust it to the proper height, and straighten it out a little bit under so it can move freely. It is a simple approach to loosening damper guide rail bushings while the damper guide rail is still in the piano if you have some dampers that go up or down very slowly.
Sometimes the bushings on a grand piano damper guide rail can become tight. With our Damper Guide Rail Bushing Easer you can easily and accurately ease the bushing to the correct tightness. The tool is 8" in length and is .109" in diameter and is tapered at the end in order to insert the tool without pushing the felt out of the hole. Quality, American made tool offered exclusively through Howard Piano Industries.
- Product Type: Damper Guide Rail Bushing Easer
- Length: 8 inch
- Diameter: .109 inch