Schaff Piano Supply
Piano Hammer Shank Reducer
- Calculated at Checkout
About this item:
- REDUCE HAMMER SHANK SIZE: This tool is used for reducing the size of hammer shanks to make them fit better with new hammers while keeping the shank's round diameter. In a piano action, a Hammer Shank is a wooden dowel that holds a hammer.
- REMOVE SHANK OLD GLUE/ DIRT: When installing new hammers on new shanks, or when replacing old shanks to remove any remaining glue or debris, this tool comes in useful.
- ADJUSTABLE SHANK REDUCER: This tool is adjustable to be used on any size shanks - for Grand, Upright, Console or Spinet Pianos.
- TRIM DOWN NEW SHANK: It can also be used to trim down a new shank when installing it on an old hammer.
- EASY TO USE SHANK REDUCER: Simply insert the shank on the reducer and turn the tool to squeeze the blades together a little tighter, cutting more wood off the shank.
This piano tool is used to remove glue and reduce the size of hammer shanks to fit new hammerheads. Turning the nut adjusts the size within 1/100 of an inch. It is 2 3/4 inches long and nickel plated.
This hammer shank reducer is designed to be used with any of our combination tool handles. A very convenient tool for every piano technician when it comes to hammer shank repair or replacement.
- Product Type: Hammer Shank Reducer
- Nut Adjustment Size: Within 1/100 of an inch
- Length: 2 3/4 inches long
- Material: Nickel Plated
- Manufacturer: USA Made