Schaff Piano Supply
Piano Hammer Shank Reducer
- Calculated at Checkout
About this item:
- HAMMER SHANK REDUCER FUNCTION: This tool reduces the size of the hammer shank while maintaining the shank's round diameter. When installing new hammers on new shanks or when replacing old shanks to remove any remaining glue or debris, this tool is useful.
- ADJUSTABLE: This tool is adjustable to be used on any size shanks - for grand, upright, console or spinet pianos.
- TRIM DOWN NEW SHANK: The hammer shank reducer can also be used to trim down a new shank when installing it on an old hammer.
- INSTRUCTIONS: Simply insert the shank on the reducer and turn the tool to squeeze the blades together a little tighter, cutting more wood off the shank.
This piano tool is used to remove glue and reduce the size of hammer shanks to fit new hammerheads. Turning the nut adjusts the size within 1/100 of an inch. It is 2 3/4 inches long and nickel plated.
This hammer shank reducer is designed to be used with any of our combination tool handles.
- Product Type: Hammer Shank Reducer
- Nut Adjustment Size: Within 1/100 of an inch
- Length: 2 3/4 inches long
- Material: Nickel Plated