PVC-E Glue - Adhesive for Piano Keytops and Felts
- Calculated at Checkout
About this item:
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE GLUE: Professional Piano PVC-E Glue - It dries completely clear. Excellent adhesive for piano keys, cloth, felt, or leather. Adequate adhesive to repair a full set of piano keytops or any other piano projects you may be working on. PVC-E Glue is the preferred adhesive among piano technicians.
- PVC-E GLUE PROPERTIES: It is a little rubbery when dry, like all PVC-E glues, which helps to prevent noise in some conditions. Because of the rubbery nature of the glue and the slightly thicker glue line, it serves as a shield between two adherents that may have different thermal or EMC expansion characteristics, allowing the glue joint to endure where a more rigid glue would fail.
- EASY TO APPLY: Squeeze a tiny bead of glue down the length of the key to secure it. Then, spread the glue around the entire top of the keystick. Place the keytop on the key and press down for a few seconds. Before completing any final filing, wipe off any leftover glue with a moist cloth and let it dry for at least 24 hours.
- WATER SOLUBLE GLUE: PVC-E is a glue that dissolves in water. You'll have plenty of time to apply the adhesive, set the key, and clamp the piece lightly. Unlike clear, fast-drying adhesives, there is plenty of time to work with. A minimum of 24 hours is required for curing. Although keys may appear to be set considerably sooner, avoid making contact with them until they are totally cured.
- PVC-E GLUE STORAGE: PVC-E Glue should be kept dry, clean, and properly ventilated at room temperatures of 15° to 25°C (59°-77°F) or up to 30°C(86°F), depending on the weather. Do not let it freeze. Freezing will ruin the glue and cause it to be unusable.
PVC-E is a specialist adhesive for gluing piano ivories that is sold by piano stores. It's vital to note that while PVC-E appears to be similar to other wood glues, it is not. It also lacks the qualities of other glues that look comparable, such as Elmer's white paper glue. The industry standard for piano keys is PVC-E. It dries transparent and can be diluted with water up to 5%.
- Product Type: PVC-E Glue
- Size Variation: Comes in a 2 oz. or 8 oz. Squeeze Bottle
- Viscosity: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Glue Properties: Liquid form