Schaff Piano Supply
Making a custom template
If we don't have a template for your specific piano model, here's how you can easily create a template yourself. Watch the videos below, or read the text version of the instructions.
Step 1: Creating the Template
Use a large sheet of heavy plastic, available at any hardware store. Lay the plastic across the lid of the piano, and use a permanent marker to trace the outside edge of the lid onto the sheet. Take a pair of scissors and cut neatly along the outside edge of the line.
Step 2: Taking Measurements
Provide the following measurements, as seen in the video to the right.
- Measurement A: Length of the diagonal at the keyboard
- Measurement B: Width of the piano
- Measurement C: Total length of the piano, from the back end to the front of the keys
- Measurement D: Thickness of the piano in the back
- Measurement E: Lid length
Step 3: Submit
Write down the measurements you just took and fill out this printable Order Form.
Neatly fold up the plastic template you cut, place it in a box or shipping envelope with the form you just filled out, and send it to the following address:
1200 Dayton Street
Hamilton, OH 45011