AMS Piano Tools
Levitan "Classic" Tuning Lever
- Calculated at Checkout
About this item:
- PERFECT CLASSIC TUNING TOOL: When you’re doing a grand piano tuning, you want to have the handle directed mostly toward the back, so that you can avoid the bending and the twisting of the tuning pin. When tuning you might notice a little bit of play on the tip of the pin and that’s normal. You’re never gonna get rid of all of that, or very rarely well, because the taper of the tip on the pin is not always or almost never perfectly tight. That actually gives you an advantage because it will let you rock and use the impact that way. A slight amount of impact when you’re tuning.
- HEAD ANGLES AND TIPS: Head angle is a comfortable 7-1/2 degrees. The tip is exchangeable comes complete with a removable Watanabe #2 star tip.
- SHAFT, HEAD AND HANDLE DURABLE DESIGN: It’s a fatter shaft and has that welded joint between the head and the shaft. Of course it’s more attractive, it’s got a rosewood handle, chrome plating on the shaft and longer than the Utility lever. It got a tighter or a longer handle, which of course will give you more torque and it got the same stiffness.
- CAREFULLY SHAPED ROSEWOOD HANDLE: The rosewood handle has been carefully shaped for equal comfort on both verticals and grands, whether gripped in the middle or at the end.
- ADVANTAGE WELDED JOINT: The welded joint between the head and the shaft, it gives a stiffer feel so you’re going to have less flex of the handles.
A new concept in tuning hammers, developed by well-known NYC technician Dan Levitan, RPT, former tuning editor of the Piano Technicians Journal.
Unlike typical tuning hammers, the Levitan Classic's shank is joined to the head -- a point of maximum strain -- with a sturdy, reinforced weld rather than a threaded joint. An extremely stiff but lightweight tubular steel shank extends under the entire length of the handle. The result is a tool with very little flex and a noticeably direct sensation of connection with the tuning pin.
- Product Type: Tuning Hammer
- Tip Shape: Watanabe #2 star tip
- Head Angle: 7-1/2 degrees
- Underside of Shank to Tip Thread: 15/16"
- Total Length: 11 inches
- Shank diameter: 3/4 inch
- Weight: 9.5 oz.
- Shaft Material: Chrome Plated
- Handle: Rosewood
- Manufacturer: 100% Made in the USA