Schaff Piano Supply
Levitan "Classic" Tuning Lever
- Calculated at Checkout
About this item:
- LEVITAN "CLASSIC" TUNING TOOL: When you are doing a grand piano tuning, you want to have the handle directed mostly toward the back so that you can avoid the bending and the twisting of the tuning pin. When tuning you might notice a little bit of play on the tip of the pin, which is normal. That actually gives you an advantage because it will let you rock and use the impact that way.
- HEAD ANGLES AND TIPS: Head angle is 7-1/2 degrees. The tip is exchangeable. Tool comes with a removable Watanabe #2 star tip.
- DESIGN: This tool has a fatter shaft and has that welded joint between the head and the shaft. It has a rosewood handle and steel shaft (which is longer than the Utility lever). It has a tighter or a longer handle, which will give you more torque.
- ADVANTAGE WELDED JOINT: The welded joint between the head and the shaft gives a stiffer feel so that you have less flex.
A new concept in tuning hammers, developed by well-known NYC technician Dan Levitan, RPT, former tuning editor of the Piano Technicians Journal.
Unlike typical tuning hammers, the Levitan Classic's shank is joined to the head -- a point of maximum strain -- with a sturdy, reinforced weld rather than a threaded joint. An extremely stiff but lightweight tubular steel shank extends under the entire length of the handle. The result is a tool with very little flex and a noticeably direct sensation of connection with the tuning pin.
We have replacement tips for this tuning lever available here: Watanabe Tuning Lever Tip
- Product Type: Tuning Hammer
- Tip Shape: Watanabe #2 star tip
- Head Angle: 7-1/2 degrees
- Underside of Shank to Tip Thread: 15/16"
- Total Length: 11 inches
- Shank diameter: 3/4 inch
- Weight: 9.5 oz.
- Shaft Material: Steel
- Handle: Rosewood
- Manufacturer: 100% Made in the USA