About this item:
- PERFECT TOUCH-UP TUNING TOOL: If you own a piano and want to do some touch-up tuning, this is a great one. If you're a piano technician, you'll want something compact and light, such as an auxiliary tuning hammer that you may keep in a separate kit as an extra tuning hammer just in case.
- HEAD ANGLES AND TIPS: Head angle is a comfortable 7-1/2 degrees. You can’t replace or exchange the head. The tip is exchangeable comes complete with a removable Watanabe #2 star tip. One thing on all of these tuning hammers: the tip is separate from the head, so it’s a good idea to have a tip tuning lever tip wrench available, in case the tips come loose.
- TUNING LEVER DURABLE DESIGN: The Utility's handsome black oxide finish and black delrin handle perfectly complement the look of the Levitan Professional Lever, and it's also a great choice for an auxiliary or emergency tool kit, or for a pianist looking for a low price but attractive tuning hammer to touch up unisons at home or on the road.
- GREAT PIANO PITCH ADJUSTMENTS: Since this Utility lever is light enough to be lifted from a tuning pin by its handle, it almost jumps from pin to pin during pitch adjustments, particularly on verticals. It also outperforms most other tuning hammers in non-tuning jobs including string repairs, balance rail glide turning, and tapping bridge pins, jacks, or other small parts.
- ADVANTAGE WELDED JOINT: The advantage of this one is it’s actually a welded joint rather than a screwed-on joint. What it does is that the welded joint between the head and the shaft gives a stiffer feel so you’re going to have less flex of the handles. That’s really the most crucial thing when you’re tuning the piano because that helps you to feel, and be able to control the tuning pin better than a piano tuning hammer that has more flex in the handle, because there’s more movement without the pin actually turning.
A new concept in tuning hammers, developed by well-known NYC technician Dan Levitan, RPT, former tuning editor of the Piano Technicians Journal.
The Levitan Utility Piano Tuning Lever takes up little space and weight in a tool kit. It's only 9-1/2 inches long, and at 6.5 oz. It's the lightest tuning hammer on the market. It has been extensively field-tested to make sure it fits onto any tuning pin, in any piano. It shines in the small confines afforded by the large overhanging lids of many American verticals from the mid-1900's.
- Product Type: Tuning Hammer
- Tip Shape: Watanabe #2 star tip.
- Head Angle: Comfortable 7-1/2 degrees
- Length: 9-1/2 inches long
- Weight: 6.5 oz.
- Finish: Black Oxide Finish
- Handle Color: Black Delrin Handle
- Manufacturer: 100% Made in the USA